I re-cleaned the caliper halves before giving them a few hours in the ultrasonic bath at 80ºC.
Then I dried them off with a hot air gun before giving them a coat of etch primer. After lunch they were heated again and given a coat of satin black.
I don't like painting calipers but they had been painted previously to hide scuffs and some crash damage so I didn't really have much choice.
Today I got told both pairs of fork stanchions are ready, so I quickly paid. With some luck they should be here next week.
Tomorrow I will collect the plated and polished parts from the chromer so that will help the project to completion.