I stripped down a pair of 38mm Marzocchi 3CL forks as the stanchions were rusted and slightly bent. I also stripped down a pair of Ceriani 35mm forks from my 750 project as they were also rusted and slightly bent.
In order to keep the 750 mobile I built up a pair of 38mm Ceriani forks I had lying around and fitted 38mm yokes to the bike in order for the forks to fit.
This allows me the opportunity to clean, polish and repaint the 35mm yokes and fork sliders. I also have a growing bag of parts for rechroming and replating to refit to the 2 pairs of forks when the stanchions return.
I also built up a pair of 38mm Marzocchis as the forks on my Corsa are weeping, and the roadworthiness test is due this month. It will be easier to replace the forks that to remove, strip, repair, rebuild and refit the current pair on the bike. It's good to have a lot of spare parts!
Today I started stripping down a pair of Ceriani shock absorbers to restore the external parts and fit new seals internally. This hit an obstacle today when I couldn't unscrew the damper rods from the shock bodies. So I have left the shock bodies to soak overnight and I will work on them again tomorrow.
I think the 750 looks quite purposeful with the 38mm forks on it. :-)
Marzocchi fork springs have seen better days. These will be replaced.
All stripped down and packed up to go, plus the replacement forks for the Corsa are ready to fit.
I think the 750 suits the 38mm forks, but I want to retain the 35mm forks as it is a drum brake bike.